Qv Zendesk Connector
Qv Zendesk Connector is developed to retrieve Zendesk data like Tickets, Users, Organizations, etc. and import it into QlikView environment. Such an interface allows management team to extend standard Zendesk metrics and dashboards. The functional diversity of QlikView controls allows to perform such an accomplishment and customization very quickly.
Installation procedure is simple - just copy (unzip) Connector files into the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvZendeskConnector
Go to Channels/API screen (Admin->CHANNELS->API) for enabling "Password Access" REST API access (Settings tab).
Follow the next steps to use Connector in QlikView
- Create new document in QlikView and open Script Editor.
- Select QvZendeskConnector.exe in the drop-down selection box and then click the Connect button. Enter your credentials in the Login form. As a result the connection string will be generated.
- Now click the Select button to open the Create Select Statement dialog. Here you can select Tables you are interested in. After closing the Create Select Statement dialog the script is generated.
- Save the document and Reload to fetch the data from Zendesk.
Now you have loaded selected data into the document and thus you are ready to build dashboard. Check Table Viewer to see the tables structure.
Incremental Ticket Export
SELECT statement for Tickets allows to indicate WHERE with start time to use Incremental Ticket Export. Find below example of syntax:
startTime field should in format: "yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss"
QlikView has a lot of power to visualize data in the way you prefer. You can analyze Zendesk details using the Pivot tables and Gantt charts.
To perform time filtering you can easily generate the master calendars using the QVC library. Also you can drill-down from Categories to Sections and Articles.
Before installing Qv Zendesk Connector, ensure your computer meets the system requirements:
- Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5.
- QlikView for Windows 11.
Qv Zendesk Connector is copyright © 2015 1bitsolution. Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software (the "Software"), to use, copy, and distribute for personal using. Contact us for commercial using.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software.
Qv Zendesk Connector is tested for Zendesk v. 1.122.0 and QlikView x64 v. 11.20 on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.
14.12.2016: Qv Zendesk Connector v. 18.104.22.168
- Added Brands and Brands_Logo_Thumbnails tables.
- Added Incremental Ticket Export.
- Added Tickets_BrandId field to Tickets table.
14.10.2016: Qv Zendesk Connector v. 22.214.171.124
- Added TicketMetrics table.
20.07.2016: Qv Zendesk Connector v. 126.96.36.199
- Fixed "Ticks must be between DateTime.MinValue.Ticks and DateTime.MaxValue.Ticks" error.
30.04.2015: Qv Zendesk Connector v. 188.8.131.52
- Added Custom Fields support for Users, Organizations and Tickets.
13.04.2015: Qv Zendesk Connector v. 184.108.40.206
- Fixed defect with retrival of tickets.
10.04.2015: Qv Zendesk Connector v. 220.127.116.11
- Added support for Ticket fields: CreatedAt, Id, UpdatedAt, Url.
5.03.2015: Qv Zendesk Connector v. 18.104.22.168